August 14th, 2019
PAX West 2019 Security Updates
The safety of our attendees is our number one priority.
This year, we will have metal detectors at the entrance to the Washington State Convention Center and additional security within the convention center and offsite venues.
Because of this, we have moved things around a little bit. Please take some time to read through this list of changes and be prepared to have your bags checked during the show upon entry. Any questions regarding these procedures or any other PAX West things, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. To enter the show, you must already have your badge. If you don’t, you must visit Will Call, located on Level 2 of the Sheraton Hotel (1400 6th Ave), in Grand Ballroom A before entering the Washington State Convention Center.
2. The main entrance for PAX West this year is located on Convention Place. There will be two queues, one beginning on 8th Ave and one beginning on 7th Ave. The entrance will open at 8:00am before show hours start.
3. What was the front entrance last year (Pike Street) is now the back of the building and will serve as the main exit.
4. There is an ADA Entrance at Convention Place and Union Street, but those with a medical badge will be able to use any entrance.
5. The Annex entrance will be used as well, but only open after the expo hall opens at 9:30am. All other venues open at 10:00am.
6. Everyone will go through metal detectors upon entry. The less you have with you, the faster and easier it will be to get through security.
7. Please prepare to have your bag searched and props inspected. The same rules of our weapon and prop policies that have applied in past years apply again this year and all items that violate this policy will be confiscated.
8. Have your badge visible at all times!
9. Service animals only please.
10. Be patient with the process and follow the instructions of the Enforcers.
For a map running down our entrances, click here.